MHJC students excelled in the recent NIWA Science Fair with an outstanding high level of awards. The Fair is an annual event, celebrating the excellence in scientific and technological investigation carried out by Auckland Year 7 to Year 13 students.
Congratulations to all those from MHJC recognised for their hard work in 2017:
1. Double winner Joanne Ting won Highly Commended in Years 9 to 13 Secondary Consumer Science as well as First Prize in the Award for Best Project Using Flour.
2. First Place Winners in the category Years 9 and 10 Living World – Leane Te Boekhorst and Solana Carpenter with presenter Lynn Dunbar.
3. Second Prize Winner in the Travelwise Award – Anmol Singh Dhillon with presenter Eadaoin Butler.
4.Highly Commended in Myth and Go project in the category Years 9 to 13 Secondary Consumer Science, Rajbir Sandhu with presenter Lynn Dunbar.
5. Highly Commended contestants in the category Years 9 and 10 Living World – Ariel Kim, Caitlyn Pillay and Trishika Nand.
6. First Place Winners in the category Years 7 to 10 Technology and Innovations – Ricky Bassno and Aadi Golcha with Jacqui Davidson from category sponsor KP Group Ltd .
7. Second Place Winners in the category Years 9 and 10 Living World –Jamini Patel and Camryn Chetty with presenter Lynn Dunbar.