The following message is edited from the Ministry of Education communication received today.
Changes have been announced by the government based on public health advice and reflect high levels of immunity and declining case numbers across Aotearoa/New Zealand.
This new approach will result in minor changes to the way we operate:
- Household contacts of a person who has tested positive with COVID-19 do not need to self-isolate, but instead are asked to complete a RAT test each day, for five days. Therefore ākonga and kaiako who test negative may continue to attend school.
- Anyone with symptoms should stay home, get tested and advise the school for attendance purposes.
- Mask wearing becomes a matter of personal choice and is no longer required after midnight 12 September 2022.
- Indoor spaces will continue to be well ventilated and
- Good hand hygiene and sneeze etiquette is encouraged.
Your cooperation during the very complex and sensitive period has been most appreciated and we hope the relaxation of the guidelines we have followed will not be needed in the future.